Our eight Lab Companies are making final preparations to showcase their cutting-edge fashion technology solutions at the 2014 NYFTL Demo Day on July 24th in New York at the Hearst Corporation.
Clothes Horse, Nineteenth Amendment, Perch Interactive, StyleSage, Stylinity, Stylit, Suddenlee, and Trendalytics Selected for Inaugural New York Program for Fashion Technology
Innovative big data, digital fit, interactive display, and omnichannel technologies are among the products what will be pitched on July 24th at the invite-only inaugural New York Fashion Tech Lab Demo Day that takes places at Hearst Tower in New York City. A joint program created by venture catalyst Springboard Enterprises and the Partnership Fund for NYC, the Lab provides a platform for the selected companies to interact with nine of the world’s leading fashion and retail companies – our Founding Members – allowing them unprecedented access to high ranking executives and pillars of the fashion community.
The Founding Members supporting the Lab include: Alex and Ani, ANN INC., The Estee Lauder Companies Inc., J.Crew, Kate Spade and Company, Li & Fung / Global Brands Group, LVMH / Marc Jacobs, Macy’s, and Ralph Lauren Corporation. The Lab was also supported by AlleyNYC, which provided work and meeting space for the Lab companies throughout the 12 weeks of the program, and Hearst Corporation, which is hosting this year’s Demo Day.
In preparation for the upcoming Demo Day, here is a little taste of each of the Lab Companies:
- Clothes Horse helps shoppers get the right size and fit when shopping online by telling shoppers on retailer websites what size will fit them, using data about their body and closet and predictive algorithms. Customers include Anthropologie, Bluefly, Steven Alan, Nicole Miller, GANT and Todd Snyder.
- Nineteenth Amendment is a marketplace for fashion designers to showcase and sell their design through an interactive, crowdsourcing model. For designers, Nineteenth Amendment solves the chicken-or-egg problem with its marketplace and helps brands with marketing and operations by providing US manufacturing and fulfillment as a service along with consumer sales analytics to make smarter business decisions.
- Perch Interactive is introducing a series of interactive in-store digital displays where the product is the interface. PERCH is a robust turnkey system consisting of the PERCH Interactive Display Hardware, the PERCH Core Software and the PERCH Cloud. These three technologies work together to provide a dynamic, interactive media platform for product display with built-in shopper analytics.
- StyleSage is a strategic analytics web platform that helps fashion retailers and brands with critical in-and-next season decisions in local and global markets. The beta platform, often hailed as “the Bloomberg for fashion”, analyzes over 1000 retailers, 23,000 brands, and 31M products across 17 countries and deconstructs their pricing, assortment, and promotions strategies as well as trending styles.
- Stylinity makes selfies shoppable. With 68% of millennials asking social networks for purchase input, Stylinity expands e-commerce reach into those interactions. With Stylinity, every selfie shared carries a click-to-buy feature. Powered by its patented social commerce platform and mobile app, seamlessly integrating with your e-commerce platform and leading social sites, Stylinity allows you to see not only who is sharing, but the results of that sharing – engagement and revenue increases per user.
- Stylit helps users decide what to buy. Its patented styling platform unites machine-learning with the artistry of real stylists. Users receive contextual head-to-toe recommendations tailored to their tastes and needs. By reading shoppers’ digital body language and purchase behavior, Stylit is fueling the future of fashion search and predictive styling. Its B2C online solution is the sandbox for fine-tuning its technology for brands and retailers. The next step is to white label the solution for brands and retailers for a more personalized, smarter shopping experience.
- Suddenlee is a membership program that provides affordable next-day delivery from specialty stores and fashion brands. Our shopping logistics technology enables efficient merchandise procurement, processing and shipping for next day delivery on a regional basis. As a result, consumers are able to receive the products they want, from the brands they love, when they want them. Retailers are able to increase sales and customer satisfaction by offering an expedited service level at a cost that is comparable to standard fulfillment and shipping.
- Trendalytics is a visual analytics platform that measures how merchandise trends resonate with consumers. The company surfaces relevant signals for the fashion industry by identifying and synthesizing product attributes (e.g., maxi dresses, combat boots) across social chatter, search behavior and shared images to reveal actionable insights on product assortments, regional demand and seasonality.
For more information about NYFT Lab, check for new updates on www.nyftlab.com and follow @nyftlab on Twitter.